FOR TWO Italian Dinner Party
SAVE £20 BOOKING TWO PLACES! Enjoy a sumptuous 3-course dinner with 7 wines included .
Cambridgeshire Wine School, in partnership with Cambridge City Hotel, cordially invites you to join us for an ITALIAN Dinner Party in the hotel banqueting suite.
Our menu for the wine pairing dinner has been specially created by hotel chef Antonio Focaccio with wine suggestions from us! During the evening we will be sampling and comparing two wines with each course!
The evening will begin as guests arrive with demonstrations of spectacular 'Sabrage' (opening Champagne with a sabre) - don’t be too late or you’ll miss it! You may then take an aperitif to the dinner table and find your named place.
Ahead of each course your wine host will explain the wines chosen to pair with each dish so that you learn some basic principles about matching wine to Italian cuisine. During the courses you are free to eat and socialise at your leisure and then after each dish we will vote to see which wine works best (in the opinion of the majority - your personal preference may differ). One Italian wine is included with each course.
The menu for the evening (if you want the vegetarian options please email after booking to let us know):
STARTER (with 2 wines)
- Salmon carpaccio with cauliflower and truffle purée, malvasia and seasonal vegetable vinaigrette served with Sicilian olive bread
- OR a vegetarian option of panzanella salad: pickle radish, heritage tomato, basil, shallots, cucumber and bell pepper with sourdough bread bite served with olive oil and balsamic glaze
MAIN (with 2 wines)
- Slow braised ossobuco (veal shank), barley saffron risotto with honey roast turnip and shallot sauce
- OR a vegetarian option of homemade tarragon and potato gnocchi with a girolle mushroom sauce
DESSERT (with 2 wines)
- Dark chocolate and coffee semifreddo with amaretto crumble
Group bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of those in your party so we can seat you together.
Note - £120 is the price for TWO places. You can book just one place at £70 here.
If you would like to buy this event as a gift for someone, simply purchase the number of places you require and email us to ask us to send you a gift voucher.
Places Available: 8
Course Date/Time: Sat 28th Sep 2013 at 7.30pm
Venue: Cambridge City Hotel, Downing St